March 29, 2007
Milk Jug Easter Basket — A great Easter Craft for Kids
Here is a great Easter craft for children to make other than Easter eggs. Children will have a great time with this art project, that allows them to create their very own Easter Bunny Basket. Mine have done this for years and each year they figure out different ways to decorate their easter basket. I wish you all a Happy Easter!
What you need
- 1 clean milk jug with it’s lid
- 1 bag of cotton balls,
- construction paper (white, pink, and black) , white glue, and 2 googly eyeballs (optional)
What you do
- Stand your milk jug upright and cut a hole just above the handle. This hole must be large enough for your hand to fit inside of it.
- Cover your jug with glue and then cover with cotton balls. To avoid rough
edges on the opening of the jug, take each cotton ball and glue half of one
onto the inside and then wrap it over the cut edge.
- Glue 2-3 cotton balls on the end of the milk jug lid for it’s tail.
- Take and cut out two sets of bunny ears one large set out of white construction paper and one slightly smaller set out of pink. Glue the ears to the top of the Basket so they can stand up. Cut out whiskers, nose, & eyes (could use googly eyes or makers) out of construction paper.
- Add Easter grass to the inside of the basket and have an Easter Egg Hunt
Here are some other great ways that people have found to decorate their Easter Baskets.